Top 2016 Wedding Trends to Combine with Your Hen Weekend
We have been checking out the latest top 2016 wedding trends and it got us thinking about keeping these themes consistent from hen weekend to wedding day.
- Metallic Colour Palettes– Metallic is in (especially rose gold) and always adds some classy glitz whether it is your tiara or your table linens. Filter this theme into your hen weekend and instead of a trashy fancy dress theme go cool and classy and get each of your hens to wear something sparkly to unify your golden group. We love Tulle & Chantilly‘s metallic colour palette mood boards!
- Location Leitmotifs – In a trend that Alison Laesser-Keck of VLD Events calls “the new destination wedding,” using places they share special memories as a wedding theme, whether its where they grew up, where they met, where they got engaged etc. For example, using different cities or romantic spots as the model for your table plan with a centre piece to signal it. Try continuing this ‘destination’ theme into your hen weekend – for example a classy Parisian themed hen with Champagne Tasting session followed by Macaron Making Workshop…Ooh lala!
- Seasonal Bouquets – Which flowers are in season? This season’s flowers are quite literally whatever is local or whatever is in season. This is perfect now Spring has sprung and there are so many beautiful, wild flowers around. Why not greet the hen with a bunch of her favourite flowers which match her wedding bouquet/centre pieces?
- Glitzy Invitations – glitzy is in according to style experts at Wedding Paper Divas! Send out some hen invitations to match your wedding ones with a bit of a glitz-glam theme.
- His & Hers cocktails (or just hers) – His & Hers cocktail menus are getting popular with the bride & groom creating their menu based on their favourite drinks. How about reserving an area or booth before dinner for a welcome drinks reception which mirrors the cocktail menu for the wedding – the best place to start would be the hen’s favourite tipples!
- Naked Cakes– Cakes with minimal icing are in! We love the Vintage Berry Naked Cake by Le Papilllon Patisserie. Why not try a cupcake decorating workshop and make some naked cupcakes which match the style of the naked wedding cake?
- Epic Action Shots – contrived posed wedding portraits are on the way out, overtaken by the off-guard action shots which capture the wedding party at their happiest. Although you won’t have a professional photographer on your hen weekend, the wedding journey begins here so this is the time to start snapping and build up that wedding album. While you’re at it why not start combine a memory book making workshop into the hen too?